Treat the cause of your child’s allergies… not just the symptoms. There is a more patient-friendly, convenient, safe and effective way to treat the cause of your allergies through immunotherapy. We offer allergy drop treatment — also known as sublingual immunotherapy — to help treat the underlying cause of allergies.
Learn more about Allergy Drops:
Allergy drops work similarly to allergy shots by delivering a slowly increasing dose of physician-prescribed, FDA-approved antigen in an off-label manner. Over time, these drops can help you build a tolerance to your allergies. The difference is that the drops are placed under the tongue and affect the immune system through very specialized (dendritic) cells which are found in their highest concentration under the tongue. Research shows these cells are a friendly, effective, and safe route for long-term allergen tolerance, making it an ideal option for any allergy patient.
Although most allergy sufferers can benefit from allergy drops, they’re especially ideal for people who can’t tolerate or don’t respond to allergy shots, as well as those who are unable to commit to allergy shot therapy. These people include:
• Infants and children
• People whose medical conditions prevent them from pursuing other allergy treatment
• Those who are needle phobic
• Those with chronic conditions including sinusitis
• Those with food and mold allergies
• Those with multiple allergies including dust, pollen, foods, and animal
• Lower cost, fewer clinic visits. Compared to shots, allergy drops typically cost less and require fewer clinic visits. Most patients receiving allergy drops need only a few clinic visits the first year, and then once every 6-12 months thereafter until visits are no longer needed.
• More convenient. You can take allergy drops at home or wherever you are, making it much easier to stay with your treatment.
• Less medication. Our patients report, and research confirms, that they typically need less medication to control symptoms after beginning allergy drops.
• Enjoy healthier days. The end benefit of taking drops consistently? Feeling better. Patients typically report fewer clinic visits, hospitalizations, and less time lost from work and school.