Here are some useful web sites that can help answer your questions about your child's health:
- Children Hospital of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Celiac Sprue Association (CSA/USA)
site dedicated to Celiac disease
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
- Kids Health sponsored by the Nemours Foundation
Well-written articles for parents, and special areas for children and teens.
A 'filing cabinet' of resources and references for parents.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Free online information about safety, immunizations, and child development. You can also order books and videos about children's health written and endorsed by board-certified pediatricians.
- Health Topics: Infants and Children at the Centers for Disease Control
Articles on common illnesses, development, and safety.
- Children's Health Medical Library
Articles on common children's health topics, written and approved by leading medical societies, such as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Medical Association.
Search patient health literature for specific topics of your interest.
Search lay health literature with the same tool physicians use to keep up-to-date in medical literature.
- The National Network for Immunization Info
Scientifically-based, easy-to read information for parents about childhood vaccines.
- The Centers for Disease Control
16 frequently asked questions and answers about childhood vaccinations.
- The Parents Guide to Childhood Immunization from the CDC
Information about the diseases tha vaccines prevent, and information on what would happen if we stopped vaccinating.
- The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
Information on vaccine research and how vaccines work.
- Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases
Information on vaccines -- and on living with a chronic infectious disease for which no immunization was given.
- The Allied Vaccine Group
Honest, valid scientific information on the pros and cons of vaccination.
- The Institute for Vaccine Safety
Current issues -- with references -- regarding vaccines in the media.
- The Immunization Action Coalition
Frequently asked questions about vaccine safety.
- The World Health Organization
A global perspective on the importance of vaccination.
- The Children's Vaccine Program
Presenting the case for childhood immunization.
- The Vaccine Education Center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Vaccine information from the United States' first children's hospital.
Behavior, developmental, and learning problems
Other Online Resources